The goal of this course is optimal immersion and use of CPR and AED (defibrillation) skills in case of cardiac arrest in different situations. It is aimed at individuals who wish to keep their ability to act competently in a cardiac arrest, heart attack, hypoxia, or stroke emergency want as high as possible. It is suitable for those with access to an AED onsite (work place) and those who are required appropriate first responder training, for example members of medical service facilities (doctor’s office, dentist’s office, etc.), PE teachers, fitness trainers and sports coaches and rescue forces (fire brigade, police force, life guards etc.).
The BLS COMPLETE course includes adult & paediatric one- and two-rescuer CPR and airway obstruction (choking).
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Recognise and assess emergency situations
- Alert rescue services
- Provide first aid while ensuring their own safety
- Assess a casualty to recognise unconsciousness
- Turn a casualty into recovery position
- Recognise the symptoms of cardiac arrest
- Perform basic BLS including the integration of a defibrillator on adults and children
- Recognise the symptoms of a heart attack and stroke
- Implement BLS measures in target-group-specific scenarios
The motivation of first aid and CPR measures and how to deal with inhibiting factors of first aid will also be discussed.
Course duration: The course duration depends on the number of participants. Minimum course duration is 6.5 hours (excluding breaks).
Certification is available upon successful completion of a course and is valid for 2 years.
To keep BLS certificates valid, refresher courses are required every two years. To keep skills updated, refresher courses are recommended every year.