Basic First Aid
Basic First Aid courses teach participants how to manage emergencies until professional help arrives, whether this is for ill or injured people, at home, on the street, at work or elsewhere in the community.
Our 12-hour course consists oft two parts: an 8-hour first aid session and a 4-hour BLS AED session. Both sessions are highly interactive incorporating practical skills training and different media including video clips and audio files. They comply with international standards for first aid as well as with Swiss regulations.
The set up and functioning of Swiss and European Emergency Rescue Services are explained in all first aid and BLS courses.
Topics covered in the Basic First Aid course are
- Impairment of consciousness and recovery position
- Heart attack, cardiac arrest, CPR and the use of a defibrillator (AED
- Wound care, severe bleed loss and medical shock
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reactions and anaphylactic shock
- Convulsions, concussion and head injury
- Fractures and sprains, including spinal injuries
- Burns and scalding
- Electric shock
In order to achieve the Basic First Aid certificate, practical assessments and a written assessment must be passed. The certificate is valid for 2 years.